This Game is Stealing My Soul [VAMP]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fort Aspenwood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kel Shadowsedge

Kel Shadowsedge

Fort Aspenwood Empty
PostSubject: Fort Aspenwood   Fort Aspenwood I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:25 pm

I used to do Alliance Battles all the time but more recently I've been enjoying playing Fort Aspenwood to gain faction. I have several builds that I use but one that is particularly fun is my Visions of Regret Mesmer (Domination). I often use an Ele secondary for Glyph of Immolation (spells cause burning) and Steam, but another very effective alternative is a Necro secondary using Curses (Insidious Parasite for melee opponents and Defile Flesh so you can reduce the healing on the Gatekeepers that you must kill to win the mission.)

Of course your team is random and sometimes you get an interesting combination. For example, the other day I had 6 Monks (!?) on our eight man team and I thought we would have no chance (since the Luxon side is oriented to offensive tactics.) However it turned out that we won quite easily (maybe the Kurzicks were having a bad day!)

Kel
Back to top Go down
Mauricius

Mauricius

Fort Aspenwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Aspenwood   Fort Aspenwood I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:08 am

... And maybe they just couldn't kill off the Turtles due to the 6 monks healing them! Laughing I also enjoy playing Fort Aspenwood. With my healer/prot monk I have achieved very good results there (I think in about every 5 or 6 battles I lose 1). I also play FA with my necro and mesmer, but am still trying to come up with a good build for both. Mesmer is especially challenging. I'll try your mix with an elementaslist Kel, and work on that, looks like a very good idea. Wink

cheers , Marcus
Back to top Go down
Me

Fort Aspenwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Aspenwood   Fort Aspenwood I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm

FA is fun... most of the time... I mean, I played against a kurz team with 6 monks.... needless to say we lost big-time...
But when they aren't spamming the monks I like to run a Mark of Insecurity sin... rips through their enchants and allows for easier kills....

Or at least it's worked most of the time for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fort Aspenwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fort Aspenwood   Fort Aspenwood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fort Aspenwood
Page 1 of 1